After running a search in a Credo search box, you will be brought to our results page.
Follow the numbers on the guide below to learn more about our Search Results.
- Tabbed browsing will allow you to display the results in different ways.
Definition Toggle: Remove short entry dictionary definitions from your results
Faceted Browsing: Narrow your Credo ebook results by collection, subject, media or print publication date.
- All: Results will display Topic Pages and reference articles from your Credo title list
- Images: Results will display only those Credo articles that contain images relating to your search term
- Topic Pages: Results will display only relevant Topic Pages
- Mind Map: Executes search in Mind Map for your search term or phrase
Related Books: Here you will see displayed titles from your Credo Title List that contain your search term or phrase in the book's title.
Related Resources: Continue searching in your library’s other trusted e-resources. Click the database you’d like to search. After clicking, you will leave the Credo platform and will be taken to the other database to continue your research.
Topic Pages: Up to three relevant Topic Pages will display at the top of your results. Note the purple icon which indicates "Topic Page"
Credo Articles: These are full text articles taken from your Credo Online Reference Service ebook title list. You will see a snippet of information about the article, the title of the ebook we’ve taken it from, number of words and number of images. Click entry heading to read the article.
Saved Results folder - see how many articles you've saved. Click this folder when you are ready to export your saved results to email or PDF.
Save & Quick View:
- Collection: If your library subscribes to multiple Credo e-book collections, see them listed here. Click that collection to limit your results by that collection.
- Subject: Select a subject to limit your Credo results by that subject. Once a subject is selected, users will only see entries taken from Credo titles that fall within that subject. You can select multiple subjects.
- Media: Narrow results to those that contain images, videos, maps or audio files
- Date: Narrow results by the print publication date
- Entry Length: Sort your results by entry length.
Key Concepts: Based on our previous work with natural language processing, we have extracted the top key concepts for each entry to display within search results. These key concepts will help the user identify the focus of an article, as well as provide guidance for additional terms related to their topic.
Quick View Display: See #9. When you click the eyeball icon, you will see the first few sentences of the article of interest, without leaving the results page.
- Save icon (disk): Click the save button if you would like to save an entry for your session. All ‘saved entries’ will be stored in the “Saved Results” area (see link in top toolbar). Results will be saved for the duration of your session.
- Quick View (eye): The symbol in the shape of an eye will open a quick view (as seen in the first Topic Page result). A quick view will display a brief summary about each entry or Topic Page.